LinkedIn has more than 400 million members in 200 countries and territories around the globe – so whether you are a small business owner trying to make connections with others in your industry or a large business that wants sales leads, understanding how LinkedIn can be fully utilized is important to that success.
Using LinkedIn can help expand your network and build important relationships. When used effectively, networking on LinkedIn can also increase the visibility of your business which in turn should increase revenues.
Similar to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., creating a profile works best if you maintain, monitor and interact with the LinkedIn community on a regular basis.
Here are 5 tips that will help your personal or business profile optimize visibility and support your goals.
- The importance of personal branding and online reputation will help “sell” you or the products/services your company offers. Staying active in communication with your LinkedIn contacts can lead to a connection becoming an ongoing business relationship.
- Pass along relevant articles, news, or videos you find informative. Not only will your network appreciate getting this information but they’ll start to look to you for expertise and insights. Unlike Facebook and Twitter, you won’t find status updates about kids saying silly things, weekend vacations or photos of the family pet. Instead, you will find industry trend information, networking and education opportunities, news updates from local businesses, and more.
- Consider joining a group. Use LinkedIn Groups as a public forum to discuss topics and trends with thought leaders or industry experts. Groups are also a great place for you to show your professional expertise and chat with potential clients or connections.
- Utilize keywords. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an important piece of the online marketing puzzle. Using appropriate keywords in your profile can help your business get discovered by LinkedIn users searching for what you offer.
- Say cheese! If possible, use a professional picture on your profile – if not, at least use an updated, professional-looking photo of yourself. You don’t have to spend tons of money to get a nice headshot, but it helps to make sure you are presenting your best self in your photo.
If you need help polishing your LinkedIn profile please contact PR Consulting – we are here to help with copywriting, editing and LinkedIn status updates that shine a light on your personal brand.
If you found this information helpful, please consider sharing it via the social networking tabs above, subscribing to PR Consulting’s monthly newsletter or leaving a review for us on Facebook. Thank you!