Job Description: Account Specialist
PR Consulting’s digital marketing and public relations team is recruiting a part-time account specialist in Bellingham. Successful candidates will have small business marketing experience plus admin and project management skills. They will be excellent communicators – verbally and in writing – and they should have high standards (we’re not picky, we just have high standards 😉). They should be organized and love setting up and working with procedures, task lists and workflow management tools.
Culture: Local small businesses count on us. The work we do as a team impacts their business and their reputation in this community, so we take that seriously. Our company culture and core values call for team members to be humble, friendly and highly reliable. Candidates need a naturally strong work ethic, a collaborative spirit and a can-do attitude. Our motto is “We can help!” and we mean it. The work we do is in service to others, not for personal gain. Applicants should have a heart and desire to serve others, including fellow team members and PRC clients. They should be open and transparent.
Experience: Minimum of four years’ experience in small business marketing and project management/administration. Applicants need a working knowledge of digital media tools used for small business marketing – not only for personal use. They should have a strong desire to continuously improve their knowledge base, learning new tools and best practices.
Schedule: 25 hours per week (weekdays during business hours). There may be opportunities for increased hours based on skills, performance and passion. Shift times will be negotiated prior to hire.
Location: In-person training and team meetings may be held in Bellingham, but most work will be done remotely from the employee’s Whatcom County home. We are not accepting any applications from candidates outside of Whatcom County. New hires will sign a remote worker agreement.
Note: These responsibilities may flex based on the skills and talents of applicants.
- Familiarize yourself with client accounts; learn their brands, products, services, target markets.
- Communicate with current clients and PRC team members about their goals, desired projects, our deliverables, and next steps. Help track projects and workflow within PRC to ensure timely completion.
- Assist with service contract updates.
- Project management during new client onboarding; help incorporate new clients into our team’s workflow plan.
- Serve as a point of contact with select accounts.
- Manage PRC’s customer relations efforts.
- Work alongside PRC’s marketing director to set and maintain rate sheets and update bundled service packages.
- Develop and maintain marketing materials for PRC’s use with potential clients.
- Respond to potential client inquiries via phone and email. Identify their needs and put together a scope of work and proposal; facilitate in-person meetings.
- Conduct outreach to select local small businesses; share PRC’s services with prospective clients. Follow up consistently.
- On behalf of PRC, set up and promote quarterly small business networking meet-ups in Bellingham.
- Complete all assigned tasks accurately and on time.
- Assist with improving service operations, efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
- Follow PRC’s weekly work flow plans and established procedures to manage recurring tasks. This requires focus, a strong attention to detail, being able to follow written and verbal instructions and being able to switch gears/hats smoothly when working with multiple clients in one day: close one box, open another.
- Maintain PR Consulting’s procedure book. Review document quarterly, test processes and update info as needed.
- Set and manage multiple priorities; complete assorted office and research projects and other tasks as assigned.
Other tasks as assigned
- Draft original content for social media pages, email marketing campaigns and web pages.
- Publish or schedule blog posts written by PRC’s content strategist, add images, tag articles and fill out SEO info.
- Assist with social media management.
- Assist with billing and time tracking.
- Create visuals for a variety of digital media uses, using select programs.
- Create email marketing campaigns for PRC clients.
- Bonus if you have graphic design experience.
Tools of the trade
Applicants should have a working knowledge of these tools:
- Microsoft Office products
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn for business marketing.
- WordPress publishing
- Cloud-based file sharing sites like Dropbox and Google Drive
Confidentiality and non-compete
The work we all do is confidential. We have access to account information, business development plans and trade secrets that must not be shared with anyone at any time. Our role is to shine a light on clients, not ourselves. Applicants must be able to work behind the scenes without any public recognition. Signing confidentiality and non-compete agreements is required at hire.
This part-time, fast-paced account specialist opportunity in Bellingham can be meaningful, rewarding and fun for the right person. While we do require a solid baseline of skills, we are willing to work with the right person to grow this position in ways that will be rewarding to them. There are ample opportunities for all members of our team to learn from each other so we can continue to deliver a high level of service to our clients.
If this all sounds good, and if you feel your skills are a match, here’s how to apply:
- Email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use the cover letter to explain your experience with small business marketing, account management and customer care.
- Include links to digital media sites or websites you have managed (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, WordPress) and explain what your role was with each example.
- Additional information/samples of your work may be requested before or after interviews.
Thank you so much for your time and consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!
Team PRC: Patti, Matthew and Sarah